Healthwatch South Tyneside is your dedicated consumer champion, working with users of local NHS and social care services to hear about your experiences, identify any issues or problems and help generate improvements. We also assist commissioners and providers of healthcare services by conducting patient surveys, visiting healthcare venues and attending meetings with user groups and feeding back our findings in regular reports.
How Healthwatch works
A Healthwatch company has been set up in each local authority area in England, creating a national network which will ensure the voices of people who use health and social care services are heard at the highest level – the Secretary of State, the Care Quality Commission, the NHS Commissioning Board, Monitor and every local authority.
At a local level, the feedback and suggestions from users are used to shape health and social care services in South Tyneside.
Healthwatch South Tyneside
- Has the power to enter and view services
- Influences how services are set up and commissioned by having a seat on the local health and wellbeing board
- Produces reports which influence the way services are designed and delivered
- Provides information, advice and support about local services
- Passes information and recommendations to Healthwatch England and the Care Quality Commission