Two community flu clinics are being held in South Tyneside this week for residents at higher risk of developing severe seasonal flu and therefore eligible for a free flu vaccine.
Having the flu jab is the most effective way to avoid catching and spreading the disease. The annual vaccine works by boosting antibodies, helping the body to fight off the virus, and it is free for people who are at increased risk from the effects of flu.
Appointments are available for:
- all South Tyneside Council and South Tyneside Homes Staff
- all health and social care staff (regardless of age) as these are key workers
- all patients who are eligible for a flu vaccine as part of the NHS criteria (except 50 to 64 year olds).
Community flu clinics
To book your flu jab at a community clinic, please contact the venue you would like to attend.
Monkton Hall – Meeting Room 1:
- Wednesday 4 November 2020, 1pm to 4pm. Tel. 0191 283 1904.
Westoe Rugby Club:
- Thursday 5 November 2020, 10am to 1pm. Tel. 0191 283 1904.