People working in some frontline health and social care roles are being urged to contact South Tyneside Council if they have not yet been invited for a Covid vaccination.
Vaccinations have already started for people in these roles and should be complete by mid-February.
Who is eligible
Eligible roles are split up into the priority groups below. All of these groups in South Tyneside are currently eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
You are eligible if you work in one of the roles listed below, and are either:
- employed directly by South Tyneside Council
- employed by an external care provider (this could be commissioned providers and other non-commissioned providers)
- a volunteer, involved in the delivery of social care
Priority one roles
You are eligible if you provide routine up close and personal care to older people (65+).
- Domiciliary Care
- Extra Care
- Personal Assistants
- OP Day Services
- Care Call
- Occupational Therapy Team
- Sheltered Housing (internal and external)
Priority two roles
You are eligible if you work with / support vulnerable adults (under 65) or children and young people with clinical conditions.
- Learning Disability Care Homes
- Mental Health Care Homes
- Supported Living / Outreach
- Adult Social Care Social Work Teams (incl. Children’s Disability Team)
- Emergency Duty Team
- Shared Lives – Staff and Carers
- LD/MH Day Services
- Children’s Disability Residential or Short Breaks Services
- Drug and Alcohol Support Services
Priority three roles
You are eligible if you work in a long-stay care facility where rapid spread is likely to follow introduction of infection and cause high morbidity and mortality.
- Children’s Homes
- Young People’s Supported Accommodation – Internal and External
- Foster Carers
Priority four roles
You are eligible if you work directly with / support vulnerable children and young people.
- Children’s Social Care Social Workers
- Early Help Workers
- Youth Justice Service
- Family Time
- Leaving Care Service
- SEND Support Officers
- Educational Psychology Service
- Adopt North East
- HIVE Service
- Health Visitors
- School Nurses
Priority five roles
You are eligible if you have non-routine or shorter-term contact with vulnerable children or adults.
- Housing Repairs
- Homelessness Team
- Housing Officers
- Adult Social Care Financial Assessments Team
- Welfare Assistance
- Court of Protection
- Adult Safeguarding
- Independent Reviewing Officers
- Refuge services
- Wider voluntary and community sector (VCS) groups
- Funeral Directors
If you think you are eligible
If you are in any of the groups above, you should have already been contacted with instructions on how to book your vaccination appointment.
If you think you are eligible and have not been contacted, contact Lesley Carlisle:
Phone: 0191 424 6175.
For more information visit:
COVID-19 vaccine for frontline health and social care employees